need referral for reputable marine engine supplier

Forestfarm

Cadet
Just pulled my 4.3 engine for my winter project here in NH,its in the garage ready to be put on stand for me to swap everything external over to a rebuilt longblock.Could someone refer me to a reputable source of a rebuilt engine?I have been price shopping online.I have found Rapido marine and Michigan motors selling engines on ebay ,as well as several other rebuilders closer to NH.I dont know if i should just shop based on price or ask for referral from someone who has gotten alot of motors from one particular vendor.Im just trying to avoid spending two grand on a piece of junk,Any leads would be helpful.Thanks

tpenfield

Staff member
As far as reputable . . . you might want to add Doug Russell marine to the list. They are based out of Worcester, MA

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Check your local GM dealer for part # 12491867. then swap the head gaskets and move over all the bolt-on stuff.

remanufactured 4.3's are as low as $1500, complete bobtails come up every now and then for about $3500

Forestfarm

Cadet
Thank you for the information.I was looking at Atlantic Marine,they have a informative website and their prices and reviews all appear good as well as low cost shipping.

gtfireftr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Look into Center State Engine... Out of Ocala FL, but have a warehouse in RI..

tpenfield

Staff member
There is also Marine Engine out of Holliston, MA

I think they mostly deal in re-man engines, but might have new as well

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
I`ve used Daddyo`s in Fla. for long blocks and turn-key motors

Scott06

Vice Admiral
In addition to those mentioned Michigan Motorz did right by me for my repower.

Forestfarm

Cadet
Thank you for all the leads,I will check them all out and make my decision based on price and gut feeling.I just dont want a lemon