TKS Module Wiring

alldodge

Staff member
Been trying to find a good wiring diagram to better illustrate how the TKS carb works. The TKS manual 41 is of help but not very good to visualize all the components are connected. Decided to make up a quick sketch for comment, and would like discussion on how better to illustrate. After discussion I'll make up another which hope will make it even easier to read. This is for the V6 and V8 motors for now, will work up a 3.0 later.

TKS wiring V6 V8.jpg

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
All dodge.

You are a credit to the forum. This is the kind of above and beyond effort that should be commended.
10/10 for this.
No doubt this illustration will pop up for decades to come after countless google searches during the years to come. Will be around long after you and I are dead and buried !
Well played !

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks, but sure hope I get some comments and then I'll make up another which hope to be even better

Fun Times

Staff member
Sorry AD, The last few weeks I've been busy helping my other half at work so I seem to be spending less time online lately but check in when I can by phone like right now.

Chris is also working offshore / on a ship and isn't able to be much online till sometime in mid September.

Without looking it up at the moment I know there is a misprint in service manual 41 regarding the oil and engine temp wiring harness parts description.

I believe it says there are 2 oil sensors but if you know the wire colors you'd be able to figure out which is which.

I'll try to join in more when I get home with whatever I can though.

And a big X 2 with what qbhoy said above.:)

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks FT, I to noticed the second temp switch and disregard it. Thanks and look forward to later thoughts

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Had another look. Can't see anything but perfect accuracy. :thumb: :thumb:

Nice one. ...

Chris. ..

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks, now I'll see if I get some way of doing some color coded wiring

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Looks good, been fighting exaust reversion in a Formula and finally got it cleared up