MerCruiser Sterndrive Serial Number and Description

JDusza

Ensign
Hi,
I am replacing the bellows and gimbal bearing on a Bayliner with a 3.0 L MerCruiser and Sterndrive, 1990.
The trouble I am having is identifying the sterndrive and how to get to a sterndrive exploded view parts list so I know what to buy.
I believe I am reading 0D3344530 off the sterndrive sticky label which is either really humble or useless, I just haven't decided yet.
Can someone tell me if the number resembles anything associated with reality and is it Alpha I or II, Gen I or Gen II?
And finally, how to I get to an exploded view of an out drive. When I went shopping by part number all I got was engine parts. Nothing out drive.
Why is this stuff so secret?
Completely frustrated,
J

Fun Times

Staff member
The number you posted (0D3344530) has one to many numbers in it somewhere so it won't show up under any type auto search.

Playing with the numbers minus one number indicates it may be the transom serial number fitting a 1990... I removed the 0 at the end and also removed one of the 4's in the middle...Both numbers are the same and since you know the boat is a 1990, the following parts links should work well for you even for the stern drive as the transom assembly is the exact same for parts look up diagrams....Hope this helps, be sure to give iboats a try please for new parts and good luck.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hi,
I am replacing the bellows and gimbal bearing on a Bayliner with a 3.0 L MerCruiser and Sterndrive, 1990.
The trouble I am having is identifying the sterndrive and how to get to a sterndrive exploded view parts list so I know what to buy.
I believe I am reading 0D3344530 off the sterndrive sticky label which is either really humble or useless, I just haven't decided yet.
Can someone tell me if the number resembles anything associated with reality and is it Alpha I or II, Gen I or Gen II?
And finally, how to I get to an exploded view of an out drive. When I went shopping by part number all I got was engine parts. Nothing out drive.
Why is this stuff so secret?
Completely frustrated,
J

Surprisingly, Merc are the least secretive about their parts. Try owning a Toyota in Australia!

If you get the right serial number all the parts just pop right up. (your serial number isn't correct, and no combination seems to yield a valid number. Please check it and post again)

Chris..........