1988 Mercruiser 5.0L

ordersnipe

Recruit
Hello all! The name is Matt, nice to meet you all!
I have been stalking the forums on here for quite some time and I have always found success in my searches. Now, however, I am coming up empty handed. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. If you need to know, this is in a 1988 Buccaneer Fiesta 200 (I love big blue!).

I have an '88 model Mercruiser 5.0L and I'm having difficulty with the serial numbers. I found a serial number on the valve cover, it was a Mercruiser sticker, with the numers OC476013 on it. Above the numbers, it had "DRIVE UNIT". Is this the serial number for the engine or the outdrive? I am just needing to order an impeller kit for it and I want to make sure I don't just make a shot in the dark with which one to get. I attempted to find any markings on my outdrive with absolutely no luck. If that thing had a sticker on it with the serial number it is long gone. On top of that, the transom serial number is also gone. Is there any other place to find these serial numbers or am I pretty much screwed?

If you need a picture of the serial number sticker, I would be more than happy to post one for you. I apologize for posting this if this problem has been solved elsewhere, I just haven't been able to find anyone with this many numbers missing. Thanks!!

Fun Times

Staff member
I have an '88 model Mercruiser 5.0L and I'm having difficulty with the serial numbers. I found a serial number on the valve cover, it was a Mercruiser sticker, with the numbers 0C476013 on it. Is this the serial number for the engine or the outdrive?
This serial number is for the stern drive which is MERCRUISER R.H. ROTATION 1988 ALPHA Model Number 5010165AS, 1.65:1 Gear Raito. http://www.iboats.com/R-MR-ALPHA-ONE...iew_id.1704120..R/MR ALPHA ONE STERNDRIVE

Last edited: