Anyone tried the new vessel view mobile ?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Seriously thinking of installing the vesselview mobile module on the boat...
Wondering if anyone has tried it yet and what it's like.
Does is show the same details as smart craft and vessel view (big version) looks like a really cool gadget anyway.
Already downloaded the app in anticipation.
Thanks.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
More bullsheet thats not needed on a boat. You already have gauges,hopefully analog that work with wires and not can buss
Just monitor them.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Haha. Thanks.
I do have the normal analogue gauges and have stayed away from smart craft, given the delicacy of them in a climate that can see 20oC temp variance within a day or two. Haha.
With this, I just thought it would be a pretty nice gadget. Useful for fuel consumption and service count downs etc.
At ?200 uk sterling, I thought it might be worth a go.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Got the vessel view today. It's superb.
Can totally recommend to anyone with a mercruiser 2003 onwards. It works with all MPI engines. You don't need any smartcraft gauges or anything. It can plug straight into the smartcraft plug on top of the engine.
Shows all digital gauges on iPad iPhone android etc phones or tablets.
Gives fuel consumption actual, instant, range, time left (don't need fancy fuel tank sensor, you just enter how much you have put in the tank and it works it out).
Also has a great maintenance countdown for all service items. Shows hours and fault diagnostics. Can reset alarms etc.
Much much more and claimed to be more accurate than any gauges.
It's superb. I fitted it in less than 5 minutes today. All pressures and temps shown too that normal gauges don't.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Not sure. I think some of the new Diesel engines can be connected to expensive chartplotters, then display similar details. They surely won't be far behind on the Bluetooth mobile route ??

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
All....
Just a quick update on this...now fully installed and up and running.
What a brilliant and useful gadget for the price.
Superb and highly accurate data display and useful info.
Surely a must for any compatible engine.
My particular set up seems idea. Best of both worlds. Good old fashioned and trouble free analogue gauges and the added benefit of an easy fit plug and play smart craft/vessel view readout.
Can't praise it enough...especially after feeding back some info to Merc and what d'ya know, they listened and even updated the app with my requests on speed unit changes !
Superb.

DCMacGuy

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

I have it and love it. Combined with an iPad Mini 4 and Navionics, I've got everything I need right there on one split screen on a RAM mount at my fingertips when my hand is on the throttle.

Their support has been top notch, and I have been told Mercury has big things planned for the platform.

I wouldn't classify any of this as "not needed" - the more accurate information, the better. It's like arguing that a carb is superior to MPI and OBD diagnostics are bad...

Screenshots are from my phone, which I have used in a pinch. The error code was received when the crap battery the marina installed in my boat was acting up.

Attachments

• photo265257.jpeg
    photo265257.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 0
  • photo265258.jpeg
    photo265258.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Superb dcmacguy...
Glad someone else is enjoying it as much. For the money and if your engine is compatible, it's a no brainer.
I now know so much more about the engine and what it's doing.
Even just playing with the rpms to get the best fuel economy is superb.
Having used it every weekend since, I can be pretty certain that it's as accurate as can be.
Can't praise it highly enough.