Best way to package and ship out an outdrive ?

skijunk

Seaman
Hopefully I have a buyer for my alpha one outdrive and if it sells I will need to ship it so can anyone tell me how I should package this to ship it and if you have a suggestion for a shipper that would be great.

Thanks!

oldjeep

Admiral
Shrink wrap it to a pallet or build a pallet crate for it. Going to need to go truck freight or oversized since they are around 85lbs without any packing. (FedEx ground, forward air, ups, etc)

skijunk

Seaman
Shrink wrap it to a pallet or build a pallet crate for it. Going to need to go truck freight or oversized since they are around 85lbs without any packing. (FedEx ground, forward air, ups, etc)

Ok - thank you ! That's' what I was thinking but it's best to ask.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
contact "SEI"....http://www.sterndrive.cc/ They might just ship you the box and packing they use.... for a fee.......... :)

SEI ships them in (2) separate boxes due to weight, Foam molded.. that's what I'd do

Alumarine

Captain
Expanding on imperial's idea, maybe go to a couple of dealers to see if they have any old SEI boxes?

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Go to a bass pro and ask for a box from their boat service area. Mercrusier ships them whole. Last time I was in my local bass pro they had the old cardboard box and foam from a replacement.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Strap it to a skid/pallet.See if you and your destination have a Greyhound route/stop nearby.They will transport via bus at reduced rate.