Not really a service help post, I'm a happy boater today.

NHGuy

Captain
Took my rig to my local ramp today. Dunked it and started off, it "wanted" to stall. Well it did stall, twice, so I turned back to the docks. Talked the admiral into hanging out with a coffee while I checked things over. I hadn't used the boat for over 2 weeks and it's my new 383 which I am still feeling out and tweaking.
Went in the engine compartment and pulled a couple of spark plugs, They were kind of white so I upped the mix a touch. But I had left my carb kit at home.
Ran fine all day once warm.
I have an electric choke Weber carb. The choke does not seem to be held open it's just "pretty" open and a little loose. Do the Weber chokes have a little play in them when warm? Mine does. Any reason I should check further? I think I will power it straight from 12volts and see how it acts then.
It ran well with the little extra idle fuel, but it could also be that I had it warmer by then.
I am going to go up a size on the primary jets or down a size on the rods. I already did go up a size on the secondary jets.
Good news, 5000 rpms on a 21" pitch stainless prop and there might be a little more! Not bad for a big heavy 23 degree V hull.
I'll take it!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... I don't remember how "Tight" my choke plate is,....

Is the bellcrank firmly attached to the coil in the plastic housin',..??
In-time might be better words than firmly attached,...
The pin in the hole thingy,..... :rolleyes:
If the plugs are too white, the choke ain't a problem,....

Anyways,... Sounds Great man,.... ya got a power plant to be Proud of,..... ;)

NHGuy

Captain
Ran from one end to the other and back today. Probably did 50 miles. So fun!