Found - Chrysler Super Bee 340ci/250hp Engine

rgrier421

Recruit
I just purchased a 1973 Chrysler Super Bee boat engine that is 340ci and 250hp. My original intent was to use the engine in a 1971 Dodge Demon restoration but am curious to learn more about this engine before digging into it. I'd appreciate any information regarding this engine. Thank you,

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Couldn't find anything about the engine, but I'll PM you

alldodge

Staff member
I just purchased a 1973 Chrysler Super Bee boat engine that is 340ci and 250hp. My original intent was to use the engine in a 1971 Dodge Demon restoration but am curious to learn more about this engine before digging into it. I'd appreciate any information regarding this engine. Thank you,

Never heard of a 73 super bee boat motor, but if it is actually from a super bee, its worth a bunch from a restorer. The super bee is a very high value car, very few made

rgrier421

Recruit
The engine is date coded 1973 and it is a 340ci that came out of a boat. From what I have been able to read, they named the engine Super Bee like the car. It is not from an actual super bee car I'm quite certain of that :) The engine also runs counter clockwise and I'll need to make some changes to run clockwise if I choose to use it.

Bondo

Staff member
The engine also runs counter clockwise and I'll need to make some changes to run clockwise if I choose to use it.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...... I think ya got that backwards,....

Standard automotive motors are lefthanded,.... as viewed from the pto end,....

rgrier421

Recruit
Thank you for the welome. I guess the rotation is all in which end of the motor your standing at. There is a stamping on the front right side of the block, just below the head that says "CCW".

Bondo

Staff member
There is a stamping on the front right side of the block, just below the head that says "CCW".

Ayuh,.... Which is standard motor rotation,.....

Motors are rated at the pto end, not the pulley end,.....