The jar froze

harleyman1975

Ensign
Up here in northern mn we put water in a glass jar and when the jar freezes and breaks you have problems if you didn't get your boat winterized...well the jar froze and broke yesterday.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I put water in a balloon, It never breaks... But when it gets larger, I have a problem....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I finally turned off the sprinkler system and drained it today. We are expecting temps in the 20's this weekend and I don't want to totally rebuilt the exposed manifold for the sprinklers.

alldodge

Staff member
Up here in northern mn we put water in a glass jar and when the jar freezes and breaks you have problems if you didn't get your boat winterized...well the jar froze and broke yesterday.

I would say that isn't a bad way to decide. That said, if the boat is on a trailer and not sitting in the water. I hope the boat is covered, and if so put a light bulb under the cover, or maybe two of them.

Open the drain plugs, and check the freeze plugs

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Waiting for the jar to freeze isn't as good as watching the local weatherman.

64osby

Admiral
Will have our first blast of cold tonight, with up to 8" of fluffy water falling by tomorrow night. :cold:

Don't want to watch the weatherman talk about it. :blue:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Will have our first blast of cold tonight, with up to 8" of fluffy water falling by tomorrow night. :cold:

Don't want to watch the weatherman talk about it. :blue:

Put out a taller jar then. :lol: