Price to sell 93 Merc 5.0 for?

SnoPro710

Recruit
I've got a 1993 mercruiser 5.0 with around 450 hours on it sitting in a garage but I don't know enough about what it's worth to know how much to ask for, the only issue with it is jb welded crack on each exhaust manifold. Could someone give me a ball park of what it's worth ?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Maybe slightly more to a desperate boater with a deader 5.0l motor,.....

Sounds like it's somewhere 'tween Parts, 'n Scrap,....

flipbro

Master Chief Petty Officer
Cracked manifolds. Good chance the block cracked to.If its got distributor carb altinator ect it may be worth a couple hundred!

SnoPro710

Recruit
Thanks guys, yep it's got everything with it and no cracks in the block so I'm gonna list it this week.

MBAKER

Petty Officer 1st Class
My opinion is most boat guys are going to replace with a 350 for the same money, so the 305 isn't really worth much except maybe for somebody that needs parts. Otherwise like others said may try to pull the marine stuff off and try selling on craigslist for use in an older truck etc.

That being said....I sold a 5.0 shortblock prob about same hours, no tinwork and no cam for 250$ a few years ago. But just by chance cause I found a guy who froze his and wanted a cheap fix to his 5.0 without a complete rebuild.