replacement blower

MBAKER

Petty Officer 1st Class
I need to replace the blower and looking for suggestions. It has an attwood turbo 4000 on it right now. I have no problem replacing it with the same, but wanted to see if many thought there was something better, be it Detmar, Rule, etc. I know they should all function the same, Im more curious if anyone has had more trouble with any specific one.

Alumarine

Captain
I'm not sure if it matters.
The blower in my glastron is 40 years old has been wet several times and still works.
My other one is probably 35 years old and still works.
I don't think either were anything special.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
I'm not sure if it matters.
The blower in my glastron is 40 years old has been wet several times and still works.
My other one is probably 35 years old and still works.
I don't think either were anything special.

Howdy,

There's 2 types of blowers available. "squirrel cage" and inline or fan-blade type blowers.

The squirrel cage type are much more expensive, use a lot more power, and the motors are not as water proof as the smaller and lighter plastic blade type fans. The squirrel cage fans will move more air though.

I replaced my 1 and only squirrel-cage bilge blower with 2 of the Rule fans (about $30 ea) similar to these http://www.iboats.com/Marine-Bilge-...8569228--session_id.811959805--view_id.257679

I added the second blower to increase the air flow in the bilge area. They use so little current, I sometimes leave them on continuously.

When you install them, just ensure that you use enough hose to draw air from the bottom of the bilge.

Gasoline vapour is heavier than air and it fills the bilge from the bottom--up.

Regards,

Rick