NGK vs Brisk vs AC 41-932

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, I think its time for tune-up, mercruiser 6.2 mpi, original sparks are ac 41-932 (not sure if originals are in there now, not first owner).
Looking into options, any benefit in spending extra money on other brands such as ngk, bosch, brisk etc?
these are Brisk part numbers i was given for replacement options: gr15yir-12 @ $13.99 per
gor15lgs @ $10.99 per
gor15yte-3 @ $7.99 per

thanks !

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh man.... Ye 'ol spark plug debate. Kinda like oil brands, or Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar... Use whatever has served you well over the years, or just stick to factory plugs. It's not going to make a noticeable difference in performance. That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree! :lol:

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class
lol i know ! :)))
but seriously i don't know what served me better - at least on this engine, since its a first time i'm changing it there ;)
there are many times manufacturers go cheap and put garbage on to save money, so i'd like to hear about it. didn't see much here about brisk and its a first time i've ran into this brand. my subaru STI comes with NGK so there has to be something about them

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
MR42LTS work just an good and are a whole bunch cheaper. There factory GM platinum tip plugs most likely used for emissions in cars . Good for 2.000.000.000 miles . considering you need to replace them every 2 years or alteast remove then to anti-seize the threads so they do come out.Not to mention the rust factor on the shell of the plug.

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Have any photos of how the Brisk plugs turned out after being ran in your engine? Looks like a nice plug from the website.

Mercruiser typically seems to switch back and forth between AC-Delco and NGK when they update their parts listings. Right now if you looked up the original Merc part number 33-884019 (AC 41-932) it will supersede to 8M2018369 which is NGK ITR4A15. The other AC number you can choose to shop is Merc 33-884019001 (AC-Delco AC 41-993).

Depending on where you shop the prices can run "about" the same as you posted above but if you use the Mercruiser part number, the price is about 60% more than using the actual plug number at an local auto store.

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class
thanks, very interesting, I just checked all the Brisk recommended plugs are running hotter than original, but NGK ITR4A15 is same heat range. would hotter plug overheat engine or get better fuel consumption as Brisk claims? We like to go WOT :) plus all the rapid launches wakeboarding.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Thought I would throw this in the mix....I have an older 1983 I/O...all original motor so there is a small amount of oil consumption. I used to use the AC delco plugs but found they would foul easily and create harder starting, where as the NGK seemed to avoid the fouling issue. No difference in performance or fuel economy just that the NGK plugs lasted longer and appeared to burn cleaner for me in my 3.0 merc.