Oil drain hose cable/plug jammed?

ManitobaMike

Cadet
So I pulled on the cable to pull out the oil hose after removing the oil drain plug but it won't move. Anyone know why it won't pull out on tahoe Q4s 2007 or tips?

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike
I moved this to a topic of your own

Please take notice of the Tip at the top of any forum page

ManitobaMike

Cadet
2007 Tahoe Q4s. Got the brass plug out. Yank on the wire but hose does not follow out. No movement when I tug on cord and could snap it with more resistance

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard;

It's time to get a light and see what the hose is hanging up on before something is damaged.

ManitobaMike

Cadet
But seriously what could it hang up on? its a hose in a hole. I can stuck a screw driver in there and can't feel a thing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You won't know until you look on the inside. Some of these have bracket the hose is clipped to. You can pull all day until you pop the hose off the bracket. Take a look.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Are you sure there is a hose? Some plugs are just attached so ya don't lose them.

ManitobaMike

Cadet
Yeah theres a hose for sure. The chain comes out but hose fails to release and come down with it.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Look in the bilge, maybe it's hung up on yer bilge pump or something,.....

ManitobaMike

Cadet
Guessing it was hung up on the lip. Put a screw driver in it and followed it up the chain and free'd it up. Hose now comes out over half a foot