Mercruiser parts needed.

Jsand

Cadet
Looks like i will be rebuilding part of my boat this winter. I will be needing an inside transom plate and the outside plate (gimbel housing). where would be a reasonable place to buy this stuff? Our local dealer charges retail for everything, so i want to kindly avoid them if at all possible.
I have a 1994 Reinel 196BRXL with a 5.0 L Mercruiser with a Alpha one Gen 2 outdrive.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Of course the local dealer charges retail, otherwise you wouldn't have a local dealer.

For new, search the web using the part numbers. If you're looking for used, try Ebay and Craig's list. Or talk to that local dealer - He may have the parts used in good condition.

Fun Times

Staff member
Are you looking for new or used?

Find the OEM part numbers and search them both online and EBay for the deals you can best afford. Or search mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2 transom assembly online.

ALPHA ONE (GEN.II) 1991-1995

Jsand

Cadet
Is their a link somewhere I can get the parts diagram and break down of part numbers?

Fun Times

Staff member

alldodge

Staff member
You could try offshore only, they a swap shop area, classifieds and a wanted section for those with parts wanting to sell

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... '94 is an early Alpha, Gen.II,....

Oughta be able to find a freshwater used complete transom assembly for a few hundred bucks,.....

craigslist is a good resource,....