mercruiser 888 exh cutouts

97fordrunner

Seaman
Afternoon all.

Finally got the Larson in the water and she runs like a top. However my dad put the bug in my ear about a boat he had that had exhaust cutouts. Anyone know where to find riser cutouts? I've found some but none for the 888 only '87& newer. Thanks guys

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Yer only option will be to build yer own,.....

alldodge

Staff member
Afternoon all.

Finally got the Larson in the water and she runs like a top. However my dad put the bug in my ear about a boat he had that had exhaust cutouts. Anyone know where to find riser cutouts? I've found some but none for the 888 only '87& newer. Thanks guys

What about changing the exhaust to new style manifolds, then this would be a easier fix

97fordrunner

Seaman
Just swapping on manifolds from a newer brovo mercruiser? Did they put 302 based engines in newer boats? Guess I hadn't looked

alldodge

Staff member
Not in the newer boats, but Google "ford 302 marine exhaust manifold", there are places which show up

500dollar744ti

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Volvo Penta "5.0FL" manifolds and risers would do the trick, they are the same center riser style as later GM V8 mercruisers which have plenty of exhaust cutout choices. They were used in Volvo Penta Ford 302 engines in the mid to late 90's.

The Mercruiser 888 manifolds for a 302 would be rather difficult to install exhaust diverters on.