Which hour meter?

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I want a simple hour meter mounted in the engine room for a 5.7 liter I/O. Rebuilt engine just installed in 1998 Wellcraft 240 SE express cruiser.

Is this one OK, or does anyone have suggestions? All input appreciated.
[h=1]Automotive Authority LLC? Marine Digital Tach/Hour Meter w/ Max RPM Recall - Service Interval, Job Timer[/h]

by Automotive Authority LLC?

1 customer review

List Price:$29.99
Price:[COLOR=#B12704 !important]$19.99
[COLOR=#555555 !important]+ $7.50 shipping[/COLOR]
You Save:$10.00 (33%)

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#008A00 !important]In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Automotive Authority.
[/COLOR]

Estimated Delivery Date: Aug. 3 - 6 when you choose Standard at checkout.

• The digital Tach/Hour meters will keep track of engine RPMs and running time for all types of gasoline powered engines.
  • Hour Meter Function Can Be Used For Service Intervals
  • Maximum RPM Recall Function
  • LCD digital display (5 Digit Display)
  • Works with: /4 Stroke Engines, RC Toys, PWC, ATV, Motorcycles, Marine Engines, Chain Saws, Tractors, Lawnmowers

alldodge

Staff member
Your image didn't make the trip, but any 12V hour meter will work and can be digital or analog. Many of the new digital ones stay on all the time but draw no more juice then a watch battery, but also require and extra wire to keep it on

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the reply. Here it is
51mWqxzneXL.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Don't see any issue with it, appears to have three wires so it would have a stay alive wire. You may not have to use it for it to work, but running 3 over 2 wires should not be an issue. I installed one on the plastic cover over the flame arrestor and it hooks to the coil. Mine is a mechanical digital type