Link and sync 1976 mercury 500

Looking for the link and sync for for my engine. I have the manual but thought there was a simplified version floating around here. The manual doesnt have my serial number specificly stated. I believe its because the manual is US printed and my engine is canadian. The serial number is 7053122 I have the side draft carbs.
Ive rebuilt the carbs and am going to reinstall tomorrow.They were indeed dirty, pulled of off my parts motor so I can swap out the ones on my runner and see if theres a difference. Had power problems on the high range. Would like to get er on the water this weekend if possible. Any help would be very much appreciated

So I put my carbs back on and fuel pump and she starts right up like before. Problem is It sounds almost exactly the same as before. Would a link and sync make that much of a diffrence? I have it set pretty close now i think via the manuals instruction but still sounds like a miss..... No rev above 3000 rpm either
It does idle lower which is better.

mlbinseattle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I rebuilt the carbs on my '76 850 in addition to several other things that were needed. I'm a first time boat owner, and I'm here to tell you ... yes, link and sync made a big difference. Mine sounded like it had a miss, and it wasn't electrical. I had the carbs set as good as those were going to get before I took it to the boat ramp. The timing had been set prior to carb adjustment (before taking it to the boat ramp). At the ramp, II left it strapped to the trailer, cranked it, put it in gear, turned the idle up to the second "spot", and readjusted the carbs from there. It was like "WOW. What happened?". It started running great, and the miss disappeared. I took it out for a hole shot, and it took off like a raped ape. It now starts almost immediately even after it's been sitting for several days. Made a believer out of me. When you get the carbs to where it's running good, turn the screws out another 1/8 or 1/4 turn, I don't remember. It needs to run a little rich for those hole shots.