2013 boat trouble engaging into forward Mercury 150

ExcursionMike

Recruit
I bought an excursion pontoon last January. The last time I went to put it up, it didn't want to engage into forward all of a sudden. It would go into reverse fine. Finally got to in forward and put it on trailer. Didn't think much of it til this year when I unloaded and it did the same thing only engaging into forward some of the time. The boat is a 2013 and the motor is a 2014 Mercury 150 model. It had a 2013 mercury as a demo boat, but when I went to buy it compression tested bad. So, they put on the 2014. I looked at other posts but they were on older motors and mentioned worn out cables. I would think a 2yr old boat would have those issues. Do you all think something is just loose, or is it a big problem? Advice is greatly appreciated

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Look in the archives for linkage adjustments on Mercs. I have posted several times. Sounds like a minor adjustment of the linkage. I'd rather you looked it up than having to go through it again right now. It's bed time. Not a complicated solution, just takes time to walk through it.