No Spark 1992 Mercury 115

radiotoaster

Cadet
Hello, I recently replaced an old tower of power for a less old 92 4 cylinder 2 stroke. At this point I am not getting any spark on any of the cylinders. I am pretty much at my wits end by trying to figure out the problem and I figured I can try this forum on last time. I replaced the ignition switch and switchbox and neither solved the issue. I also removed the blk/yellow wire from the switchbox in order to isolate the kill switch and still no spark. I am getting voltage out of the stator yet I don't have a DVA to accurately measure, I just have a multimeter. Any help would be much appreciated.

radiotoaster

Cadet
Hi All, It is almost that time again, I just wanted to let everyone know that the issue I had was a bad stator, I got the boat running last year but blew the bottom end... Now I have another question about the voltage regulator. I purchased a OEM VR, can anyone tell me if the module itself grounds when it is mounted with the bolts or do the wires once hooked up ground the module. The reason that I am asking is that it appears my motor maybe missing a metal plate the module would mount on. I don't want to hook the VR up and blow the stator again if the VR is not grounded properly. I cant find the metal plate anywhere, although I may be able to make one. Again any insight would be pretty cool.