Still need help, 45 mariner bogging down.

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all,
I still need some help to try and figure out what is going on with my 45 hp mariner. Its working better than it was, but Ive still got issues. Here is what was done to date. I changed the impeller, unblocked the tell tale and I changed the gas input connector where there was a leak. The motor seemed to work well as per a previous post and video, but although Im not positive, i believe it was beginning to bog down after that video.To mention also that the fuel tank, gas and fuel line were changed as well. I had a venting issue, but that is not a problem. The motor starts working, but no power. When I pull back on the throttle, at o. ne point the motor even seems to pick up a bit, and I think it can be seen in the video attached (there will be a series of 6 videos, just uploading them now and will post the links) After a while the motor would work off and on, as can be seen by my starting and restarting. When i would put it in gear, it would stall. When I used just throttle, it would rev fine, and at one point i filmed all th bubbling out the back of the motor when just on throttle (dont know if that is normal or not, but all the info I can provide, I will). Any help would be appreciated.

Allan

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Video 2 continuation of above... the problems more evident

Last edited: