slow crank 115 optimax,,,sat 1.5 years

dsq12

Recruit
I just got boat out of storage sat a year and a half and it will not start owned it since new 2004 and only used it a little each year like new. ,,batteries are good,cranks real slow on flywheel,,removed plugs and did not make much diff when cranking only a little'''..i squirted oil in cylinders but has not seemed to help,,the starter bendix sticks on flywheel and i have to tap it down ,it does so easily so i think starter is ok but no give on flywheelallowing it do disengage,,,,any thoughts??,,,would,lower unit sticking or seize cause similar,i drained oil and it was not watery. or is it more likley seized pistons or rings?

henleyhale

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds like your bushes arent making good connection, or you have a loose ground, or positive cable. The bendix doesnt have enough spin behind it to kick it off of the motor so its staying on it. Check and clean your power and ground connections and check your batterys cca. If battery is good and that doesnt solve the issue replace your starters brush cup

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Get the battery load tested... check the posts and the heavy wires for corrosion.