This is getting to me, ideas? 45 hp Mariner

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all.... The video is last week. I changed the impeller and unblocked the tell tale. I replaced the gas connector to the motor because there was a leak at the connection. Sprayed sea foam through carbs. Gas tank and line changed. Bulb stays hard..... Today, took the boat back out and no power.... Starts, idles fine in neutral, but under load dies. After the video below the engine started running slower ie less power.... Maybe 10-15 min after the video taken. Ideas for the loss of power? Bad gas? Carbs? I'm at a loss how it could lose power in such a short time.

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, so now I have 89 octane new gas, along with the recommended amount of oil, fuel stabilizer and carb cleaner (formula added to gas for this purpose). Going to try it out again soon... One other thing that I did different when it didn't work... Drove around with tank attached to motor.... Could this cause a problem?

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Its a new attwod poly tank, in the video above and when it didn't work... And it worked in the rain (video), but not in the heat 3 days later, which could explain, but I do not understand, how do I vent it?

Last edited:

afaust

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, my tank has a vent, but it isn't that.... Motor still bogs down, I suspect the carbs