2001 seadoo challenger/ mercury 240 efi wont go pass 4500 rpms.

Lukes4tow

Recruit
The boat was running good and then i shut it off for 2 hours and it didnt want to start .I took it to the shop and they diagnosed a bad Stator.They put a new original mercury stator in.THE TECH. TESTED the boat IT IN THE WATER AND TOLD ME it doesnt go pass 4500 rpms. I told the tech. It was running fine before it didnt want to start. New parts i put in the jetboat: spark plugs,electric stator,new TPS sensor,air temp sensor, also the impeller and the wear ring,all cables and now it doesnt pass 45000 rpms. I NEED HEEELLLPPP

Fun Times

Staff member
I took it to the shop and they diagnosed a bad Stator. They put a new original mercury stator in. The Tech tested the boat in the water and it doesn't go pass 4500 rpms. I told the tech, It was running fine before it didn't want to start. New parts i put in the jet boat: spark plugs, electric stator, new TPS sensor, air temp sensor, also the impeller and the wear ring, all cables and now it doesn't pass 45000 rpms.
Hi there, welcome to iboats!:)

Just for clarification, did you or the service tech install all the new parts? And where the new parts installed before, during or after going to the service shop?

Maybe a crossed spark plug wire or cracked spark plugs....Something of that nature. Throttle cable opening up all the way?

We'll be moving your topic up to Mercury & Mariner Outboards Sub Forums as it isn't in the correct sub-forum at this time...Good luck.