1976 Mercury Black Max 175 (1750) Starter Question

76CeeBee

Recruit
Hi guys I'm new here and have been having a very very difficult time getting a starter for this motor,
A 1976 Mercury Black Max 175
The guy I bought it from last year had a Chinese very cheap starter on it that never worked anyways ,

I've Bought (3) Starters at this point for this motor and every single one has not fit right ,
Meaning the actual Gear on the starter being to big or to small and NEVER lines up correctly with the flywheel .
Every boat store I talk to usually sells me the wrong starter
It's gotten to the point where I actually have the boat (76 Cee bee avenger posted for sale)

So my question is does anybody own or know what starter or part number for a starter that I need for me to finally get this boat on the water and enjoy it ??
Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated !!!
Thank You !
, Tyler

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
That motor has a fine tooth flywheel ang uses a starter/bendix that's NLA. I update them with a later model 150 flywheel and starter as it speeds up the cranking rpm

76CeeBee

Recruit
Bump , anyone know what year 150 flywheel and starter I need to run ?
Thanks in advance

76CeeBee

Recruit
Thanks Man ! I actually looked at that one but wasn't sure if it'd work , I'm going to order it tonight and hopefully one of the starters I have will work with it . Ready to get on the Water
Thanks Again much appreciated