Mercury 65hp 1973 outboard motor, fuel fitting question

6and1ontheway

Recruit
Hello forum. I have just recently received a boat that was my grandfathers. It has a 65hp mercury 1973 3 cylinder outboard and is on a 1967 starcraft Bahamas boat. Its not a beauty, but it was my paps so I would like to use it. It did not have a fuel tank so I bought a new one and cannot figure out which fitting I have to connect it from the motor to the tank. Here is the picture of the fitting on the fuel line. Any info would be appreciated as I am kind of new to the boating world.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 0

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Standard old style Mercury fitting, should be able to find the fitting just about anywhere, I know Walmart and C abelas carry them, cause I just bought one at Walmart Yesterday, you can also get them here on Iboats in their store as a forum member I believe you get a discount and they have a lot of stuff on sale this summer.

Here let me look that up for you:

http://www.iboats.com/3-8-Barb-Fema...4950462--session_id.765663385--view_id.373467

And yes, they do have them on sale right now.

Last edited:

6and1ontheway

Recruit
Perfect. THank you. I will get one ASAP. I will post some pics of the boat after I rewire the lights, etc. It is a cool little boat