Mercury Force 75HP Power Trim Problem

Josh Sembach

Recruit
I am having problems with my power trim unit on my Tracker Deep-V boat. It has not worked very well in past years (it was very weak, and I would have to help maually lift the outboard). My first trip onto the water this year, the outboard would not move up or down from where it had rested all winter on the transom-saver tube support. The electric motor works fine (I can hear it run and have manually tested it). My problem is with the fluid pump down below. It will not pump any fluid either direction. I took the pump apart and flushed it all out, along with both lines and the hydraulic cylinder. There appears to be no excessive wear on any of the pump components. I replaced all of the o-rings with new ones, even though the original ones looked fine. Everything seems to move freely as it should (check-valve components, gears, etc). I have verified that the hex "drive-shaft" from the motor does in fact turn the pump gears. Still no fluid moving... I'm stumped?

Josh Sembach

Recruit
I have a couple of Mercury part numbers to provide for additional information...

819479A This is the part number for the complete "electric motor/hydraulic pump/reservoir" assy
823084 This is the part number for the hydraulic pump assy. It is what you see in pieces above.

I see where these items are "no longer available". I find it odd that I can buy aftermarket electric motor/reservoir assemblies all day long, but I can't seem to find the hydraulic pump part anywhere. Do these not fail? I can't find any info anywhere where people are working on them or having issues with them.

force75pk

Recruit
I had a simular problem, and most of all didn't know what to do. Actually I took the electic motor down as seen in picture 2 and filled it up hydratic oil throw the spline of the motor, works fine now. Normaly you have to fill oil when you go in the up position. Excuses for the bad google translation but I'm from Holland. Yes bad **** has reached our country also.