2005 115 hp Mercury 4 stroke fuel starvation

dogfan1987

Cadet
Just bought a 2005 pontoon with a 4 stroke 115 hp Mercury on it and I am having a couple of problems/questions. Not many outboard mechanics around me so thanks for the help. The motor starts first time every time with a flick of the switch, no choke needed nor pumping of the ball on the fuel line. Runs strong as long as we cruise, when I stop for 15 minutes or 2 hours is when the trouble starts. The motor starts first time runs for about 2 minutes and then it acts like it is starving for fuel. Pump the fuel ball and it will not firm up, like the fuel is going somewhere without building up pressure against a dead head. After 5 minutes or 15 minutes the ball will hold pressure and the boat will run until the next stop and then we repeat the above. Today I kept it running down the lake toward the dock by pumping the ball til I got there. The first week I bought the boat I had to replace the fuel line to the ball because the ball had a small hole in it and I think/know air was getting in thru the hole. Also not much of a "pee stream" on this 4 stroke but when I look at other 115 hp Mercury or Yamahas I don't see much of a stream there either.

Thanks

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Not a 4 stroker guy. Why don't you look up at the top of this forum and find the Seloc manual section and either subscribe online or buy one. In there they have information to assist you in your pursuit. On pee, you have a 10 year old engine and if you haven't had the water pump impeller changed out it's long overdue for a change. That possibly could assist in your problem as described, not the complete cure, but help.