Mercury 9.9 4 stoke Stalling

festx1

Recruit
I fired up my outboard for the first time this year and it idled rough and stalled when given some throttle. I took the carb apart and did a thorough cleaning. The idle is now smooth but it still stalls/hesitates when given some throttle. There's a little plunger on the carb attached to the throttle that injects a stream a fuel when given some throttle to prevent stalling. The plunger is also attached to the small primer bulb. When I depress the plunger by manually by hand (the same way the throttle linkage does) the engine doesn't rev up. However, when depress the plunger it does. I believe this is the reason why it stalls when given some gas. Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance!

festx1

Recruit
Here's a pic for reference. The arrow is pointing to the plunger I mentioned in my previous post. My question is: When I depress the plunger, is the motor supposed to rev up? If so, I think I have found the issue, because nothing happens when I move the plunger. Thanks.

carb.png

Star

Chief Petty Officer
open the choke and look in the ventury, when you push the accel pump you should see gas squirt out inside the ventury. There is a diaphragm, tiny O-rings on that plunger and a check valve in the bottom of the carb bowl. Mercury doesn't have a part number for the O-rings, I got mine from Tohatsu!!!!