Anyone own a 1982 18hp Mercury

sahendo

Seaman
I bought a 1982 18hp Mercury and it's missing the throttle rod, I was wondering if someone who owned one of these could take some measurements of how long it is from the middle of the ball socket to the other. So i can try to make one since its no longer available. I'm going to try to add a picture of the parts diagram so everyone can see exactly where it is. On the diagram it would be part # 9. Thanks

Attachments

• 41.png
    41.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sahendo

Seaman
Thanks for the help, ordered the parts from sea-way. I had called a couple of boat places in my area and none of them had it and said they didn't know anyone who has them. Thanks again for finding it!

sahendo

Seaman
Well that didn't work out! Sea-way doesn't have it, they did a national search and came up with two other suppliers who showed they had it in stock but after contacting them they no longer have it either! So if anyone has 1 of these motors or knows someone who has 1 could you please take a measurement of the rod for me? I just need a measurement from the center of the ball socket to the center of the other ball socket. Can someone please help!