1969 Mercury 200 20HP... probably need impeller kit??

TkdSilat

Seaman Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, I am posting this where it belongs..lol

Just got a 69 Sea Star Aluminum Boat... previous owner installed new dash, new seats and new transom. Looks great... no wooden floor , but its ok.. its a perfect 2 man fishing boat. He said he did lots of motor work.. it starts easily and sounds great...but I noticed that NO WATER is coming from the upper side hole where the impeller should shoot the water thru. Its a 1969 Merc 200 20hp Twin. Seriel is 2250249. I let it run on muffs for about 30 sec and no water discharge.. I then sit it in a tote full of water... no water discharge.. i put my hand in the tote near the water intake... not to much, if any suction..
Sounds like a impeller kit ??? I got the service manual and i am pretty mechanically inclined... is it a big job? also, can someone help me find the correct impeller kit for this motor THANKS!! and ill post pictures soon!

TkdSilat

Seaman Apprentice
I found this kit on ebay... is this the right one? its ebay item 301336957314

procraftguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Oem impeller lookes to be 47-39487 but id suggest a water pump kit call iboats and order it up there they will get u the right one ur on here support them

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
did you make sure the pee hole and tube are not plugged? Pretty common for them to get plugged by mud wasps and other bugs, it is probably a good idea to change it, but also check those parts, I know I changed my pump last summer and when I started it this spring, I didn't have any waterflow out of the pee hole, it was plugged.

TkdSilat

Seaman Apprentice
I check the pee hole... not clogged... I took the motor cover off and pulled the rubber tube off, thinking the hole was clogged. I can feel some air coming out of the rubber hose but no water. Also at the sides of the lower unit, there is barely any suction. I finally ordered the impeller and gaskets and key .... should be here in a few days, ill post any questions i have
thanks!