150 hp black max not peeing

dustin91

Recruit
Water pump is fine and I'm still not getting water out of per hole in back don't really understand help please

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
May just be some dirt daubers got in the hose. With water attached and motor running, run a piece of weed whacker line up the hose and you should be able to clear it if thats the problem.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
A lot of those V6 motors will not have a telltale flow until the thermostats open. On a flush device at idle, this may never happen.

Do you see water out the prop hub? Do you see water sucked in, just when she is started? Those are good signs that the motor is pumping.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Agree with Chris. Pull your cowl and look at the rear of your block. At the top of both banks you will find a hose that connects between banks and then a hose leading down below the block from the Port bank. On the way down your Pee hose branches off.

My son's 150 had this setup and I thought it really SUCKED!!!!!! So I removed the pee hose from where it was, putting a union in the line where it was and looking on top of the block aft of the flywheel was another hose which went straight to the popoff valve below the engine. This hose had water in it whenever the block filled, regardless of the position of the tstat and you had pee flow within 30 seconds of starting the engine. So I put the tee in that line with the pee hose and solved the problem. I like that much better. Otherwise you just wonder if you have cooling or not and it will come and go as the stats open and close and all that "stuff".

On the visual indications, if you have water coming out of your prop hub while idling on the muffs, you have cooling water through the exhaust manifolds at least meaning the water pump is pumping. Also the amount of water excaping from around the cups of the muffs will decrease when the engine starts and the impeller in the water pump starts moving water.

Last edited:

Dukedog

Captain
agree with Bill, Chris, duckdown said/asked....

JAN.... if its pre '89 anda half it won't have tha hose Tex mentioned...

Last edited:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I don't remember the year model of my son's . It had the boxy squared off cowl and straight decals. Thinking is was around that year.

Dukedog

Captain
'89 first "lift off" bucket cowl....had to accommodate tha "new 40 amp stuff".....water cooled reg/rec reason for "tha hose" mid year.