Smartcraft system link digital trim gauge faulty??

zack123

Cadet
Hi, I've recently started to replace all the analog gauges on the boat that's hooked up to a Optimax 115hp 2007. I've got one of the later model Optimax's so I didn't need to run the blue cable harness to the engine. I have the connection at the remote control that I hook the SC1000 through the junction box. The SC1000 seems to work fine and ran through the cals and configured it.

I am now trying to hook up the system link trim gauge which I also got a digital trim sender, but I can't seem to get it to work, and my investigations is leading me to think that maybe the sender is faulty? I removed the old analog trim sender, bolted on the digital one in the same place, connected the black, blue and yellow wires from the sender to the black/orange, blue and yellow cables on the engine respectively. Turned the key to start, and the needle on the gauge doesn't move, using both the trim at the engine or the control. Wasn't too sure if I had the sender connected the right way up, so tried it both ways, but still the same. I performed the trim calibration on the SC1000 also, and the digital reading doesn't show the trim moving either.

Next, I tried testing the gauge manually by turning the dial on the back of the sender manually to see if I can make the needle on the gauge move, and it does, however it'll only move to full down or full up, even with the smallest of increment of turns on the dial. Could this mean I have been sold a faulty sender? Is there anyway to test it, possibly with an ohm meter?

I noticed that the dial on the analog sender turns a full 360 degrees whilst the one on the digital sender turns a bit short of 180 degrees only. Should this be the case?

The part number of the digital sender is 891777A01.
Serial number of the Optimax is 1B519455.

Really hope someone can help me out, spent a few nights on it and it's starting to drive me crazy!

Attachments

• photo216443.jpg
    photo216443.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo216444.jpg
    photo216444.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo216445.jpg
    photo216445.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Hi, I've recently started to replace all the analog gauges on the boat that's hooked up to a Optimax 115hp 2007. I've got one of the later model Optimax's so I didn't need to run the blue cable harness to the engine. I have the connection at the remote control that I hook the SC1000 through the junction box. The SC1000 seems to work fine and ran through the cals and configured it.

I am now trying to hook up the system link trim gauge which I also got a digital trim sender, but I can't seem to get it to work, and my investigations is leading me to think that maybe the sender is faulty? I removed the old analog trim sender, bolted on the digital one in the same place, connected the black, blue and yellow wires from the sender to the black/orange, blue and yellow cables on the engine respectively. Turned the key to start, and the needle on the gauge doesn't move, using both the trim at the engine or the control. Wasn't too sure if I had the sender connected the right way up, so tried it both ways, but still the same. I performed the trim calibration on the SC1000 also, and the digital reading doesn't show the trim moving either.

Next, I tried testing the gauge manually by turning the dial on the back of the sender manually to see if I can make the needle on the gauge move, and it does, however it'll only move to full down or full up, even with the smallest of increment of turns on the dial. Could this mean I have been sold a faulty sender? Is there anyway to test it, possibly with an ohm meter?

I noticed that the dial on the analog sender turns a full 360 degrees whilst the one on the digital sender turns a bit short of 180 degrees only. Should this be the case?

The part number of the digital sender is 891777A01.
Serial number of the Optimax is 1B519455.

Really hope someone can help me out, spent a few nights on it and it's starting to drive me crazy!

Are you using a digital trim gauge or analog?