WOT problems XRI EFI 150 blackmax

I have an XRI EFI blackmax 150, I think its 1995 (S# 0G199866). I was having problems when I was above ~2000rpm where the motor would die for a split second then start back again. After some trouble shooting I think I have it narrowed down to the idle stabalizer. On the last trip out the motor died for a split second a couple of times, I then disconnected the white/black wire from the idle stabalizer and the motor ran the rest of the day with no problems. I have heard of removing the idle stabalizer, but I'm a little concerned on the timing of the motor. My questions are:

1) Can I just leave the white/black cable disconnected with no problems, or should the whole module be removed? What would be the downside of just disconnecting the white/black wire?

2) Does the timing need to be changed to a different spec with no idle stabalizer?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
(1) The wht/blk jumper has to be tied to both boxes when box is removed...
(2) Yes......20degrees...

There is already a white/black jumper for the two switch boxes, are you saying just leave that there, or do I need to add a jumper somewhere else?

Also, what about the white/black wire coming from the idle stabalizer shift kit, not the idle stabalizer module? And in the manual it says to retard 3 from the timing specs if I have the stabalizer shift, so would I time it to 17 instead of 20 even if I disconnect it and the module?