1980's 115HP Mercury .. How to tell if it was changed from oil injected

Racer67

Seaman Apprentice
First I just want to thank everyone, I know I've asked a lot of questions, but I think this is the last...

1980's 115HP Mercury outboard oil injected engine (so the engine cover states). When I bought the boat I had asked the guy where the oil tank was for it to be injected in the engine. He said he didn't know and he said he was just mixing it in the fuel like you would a weedeater. Doing a little research, some people actually choose to disconnect this feature and just run oil in the fuel as a precaution if the oil injection faulted, basically one last thing to worry about.

Is there a way to see if this was disconnected?

THANKS!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
The oil injection was built into the oil tank ,it was called a Autoblend and it burn up a lot of engines. It spliced in between the fuel tank and motor and if missing just continue to premix

Racer67

Seaman Apprentice
The oil injection was built into the oil tank ,it was called a Autoblend and it burn up a lot of engines. It spliced in between the fuel tank and motor and if missing just continue to premix
Would the oil tank be on the engine itself? I went to look at a few different photos and some have a tank on the engine, I'm assuming it's the oil tank. Mine does not. Or would the oil tank be somewhere else? My gas tank is under the deck, I wouldn't think the oil tank would be too?

Thanks!!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Your engine does not have a tank or pump and the Autoblend was mounted in boat in usually in the battery area....

Racer67

Seaman Apprentice
Your engine does not have a tank or pump and the Autoblend was mounted in boat in usually in the battery area....

Thanks. The engine cowl says "oil injected" right on it, that's why I was assuming it had it.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Good that there is no autoblend tank.-------That unit was not reliable and should be thrown away as far as you can !!!