Vessel View vs Merc 150 4 stroke issues

tomibach

Cadet
Have two new Merc 150 4-stroke engines and am installing Vessel View 7..the Vessel View seems o only receive data from the starboard engine, the Vessel View displays all fields for port and stud engines as I performed the initial setup according to instructions, however no data for the port engine is actually displayed, fields remain blank...any ideas?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First off, I have no experience with Vessel View so maybe my advice is suspect. After verifying the set up is correct, the first troubleshooting I would do is swap the the cables between engines to see if the lack of display info follows the engine.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Can-bus... Check the termination resistors.

And I know this will sound silly (but many a problem has been solved by 'silly' suggestions), make sure the plugs are fully home.

Last edited:

tomibach

Cadet
ok folks...very EASY install..it did require the dealer using the mercy G3 program to set the "engine position" in the PCM..as they are defaulted as "starboard" engines..since I only use mine for engine and power plant system indications and monitoring, no big fancy network required

GA_Boater

So it's wireless then. :smile: Fancy network or not, there are still connectors from each motor and network interface components in both motors. From the indications in the first post, it could be as simple as a loose connector or pin pushed out of a connector, bad port motor cable or the port motor isn't sending. That's why you have blank data. There are still plenty of connections.

vv.PNG

vvc.PNG

achris

More fish than mountain goat
No GA, I think the OP had both engines set as "Starboard" (factory default, and default for single engine installations), so the vessel view monitor couldn't see a port engine. Just set the engines' position (in its own PCM) as 'Port' and then it can report itself as the Port engine.

GA_Boater

The OP forgot to say solved or fixed or something clear.

GA_Boater

Glad it's working now, tomibach. We don't have many using Vessel View in the forums. Maybe after you get some experience using it you can let us know how it works for you. Thanks.