Mercury 40HP 2-stroke Trim & Tilt - No cylinder/power

Baggetorp

Recruit
Hi!

I have a Mercury 40HP 2-stroke MY2002 and serial no 0P159868. This is Sweden, so it's probably made in Belgium(?)

Anyway, the trim & tilt on this engine has no power (electro-hydraulic) and no manual (charged accumulator). Instead it has a metal pin for keeping the engine in "highest" position and some kind of metal hoop/basket to hold it in reverse. See image:

Hallonet 22.png

However, the reverse mechanism doesn't work and I have bought a factory manual from Clymer where the only options are power trim and the charged accumulator, so it's no help for me.

Have any of you seen this solution before, and where could I get a repair manual? Is this a European solution only? :)

Last edited:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Look in the upper right corner of this page for the Seloc catalogs. I have used Merc OEM manuals and these and these are every bit as good and have more pictures and detailed explanations. You can rent the manuals on line for a time period and have instant access or order the paper editon.

Edit: My last OEM manual for a 90 covered American and Belgium made engines if that helps. Gave the serial number ranges for each covered therein.

Mark

Last edited: