help trim on 82 merc won't wotk

help trim on 82 merc won't wotk

• GH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • egg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Very strange things today. Planned on taking the boat out. Start to trim it up to put the transom saver on and only went up a quarter of the way and sounded like the battery was dying. That's not the case battery was fully charged. Never heard or sern anything else as far as noise. Now its for a 1982 merc. Pump has the one front mounted solenoid on it. If I hit the trim up or trailer button solenoid just clicks. Trimming down never clicked and still doesn't. I have 12 volts to the solenoid on the blue wire for up and 12 volts on the green wire for down. Even tried jumping out the solenoid with the power wire and blue and trying to go up and the solenoid just keeps clicking pump does nothing. Also which is really weird motor is still 1/4 way up. I turned the thumb screw and can lift the moto manually but won't go all the way down and nothing is binding. Completely lost please help

Tried to. Coming out of the pump is a black ground wire, a light green wire and a dark green wire. After messing with it more I blew the 20 amp fuse going to the main motor. Cannot get the pump to do anything all I can get is the solenoid click when I jump blue from the front of the solenoid to the power wire, does the same usual click when I push the trim button up. Messed with it long enough to be completly confused and made the wife mad.