1999 Mercury 115 impeller rotation?

Sac A Lai

Recruit
I decided to change out my impeller on my outboard. I pulled the lower. I removed the cover for the impeller. I removed the impeller. I went and got the new impeller out of my truck only to find that it was way to small. I went back to the boat shop and got the correct Impeller. I have installed the new water pump kit but I am starting to doubt my self. Did I Curve the impeller the correct way. Should the fins on the impeller be bent Clockwise or counter clock wise? If you are looking at the bottom of the Impeller housing I have them bent Clock wise. Is this correct??

enginepower

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you are looking from top down to impeller, the shaft turns clockwise so fins will be bent towards left from center

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You put the impeller on the shaft and verify that the drive key is in place.----You lower the housing down on top of the impeller.-----Push down on the housing while rotating the driveshaft the way the motor spins it.----Install and tighten the bolts.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
It will be ok as first time it goes over 2500 rpm they will correct themselfs if incorrect.