1978 1150 Carbs.

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
My carbs are marked WMK-26-1 for the #1 and then #2 and #3 for the others so I would know how to put them back. Someone put kits in them sometime in the past. The engine would not idle and when I took them apart I found #1 has the brass tube from the carb opening with the plastic bar across the front from side to side was mutilated on the bottom end, #2 has a seat for the idle jet that has been wallowed out by the wrong screw driver along with all the external screw heads, and #3 I never bothered with that one yet.

I found a set of WMK-22-1. #2 and #3 that are complete and look to be in good shape. Changing from a WMK-26 set to a WMK-22 set will that work or have I purchased a nice set of fishing weights. Thanks Tex?

enginepower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is the bore the same diameter as your original? If so, you should be able to use them. Just make sure the jet sizes have same numbers as your original.

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
I do not know what the originals were. The person that tried to rebuild the carbs previously used the wrong screw driver and there are no marks left to read. I think he only had one screw drive and it was also his chisel.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Is the bore the same diameter as your original? If so, you should be able to use them
It more than bore it the emulsion tube and idle tube differences. The WMK22's are for a early 150 and will work and you need #80 jets for them

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, I need to find some #80 jets. There is a marine supply store close by and I will see if they have them, if not got any ideas where I might find them? Thank y'all for the help. This motor and the boat are quite the project, but I am having fun!!! Not to mention the education I am getting.:watermelon:

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
Will it hurt anything with the motor to leave the carbs as is, or is changing the jets a must for peak performance?:confused:

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
You can take a chance that jets are correct, if not you will get rebuilding advise...

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks Y'all I will let you know how it works out and I will see what jets are in these carbs when I get them.

Tex51

Seaman Apprentice
I have installed the new carbs and put the rabbit ears on the motor and started the motor. the motor starts easy and idles fine. I have not put it on the water yet, do to I have to put the new floor in the boat and add carpet and seats. The motor sounds great and I did just shift the motor in to forward and then in to reverse and all of that works. Thanks for the advice.