Mercury 60 ELPTO 2006 no compression on 2. cylinder

insomnio

Cadet
Hi
I have Mercury 60 ELPTO G model J060412FD from 2006 year , and there is no compression on second cylinder ,....
What is good compression for this model .?
Where to start?
Where i can found a service manual ?
Thanks

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
- Good compression for that model is 130 - 140 psi.
- Where to start? 0 compression could be valves, head gasket, or internal engine. Regardless of which, you are going to have to start by removing the cylinder head. So- remove the lower cowlings, flywheel, timing belt, and valve cover, then pull the head. And yep, you should have a manual. If you have a little experience working on outboards, a SELOC manual should work, however if you are a greenhorn, I would suggest factory service manual from Merc, It's a bit more comprehensive.

insomnio

Cadet
Thanks for both reply
I didnt write that my engine is 2 stroke ...
to bilge rat jim ...
On second two cylinder i measure around 100 psi (cold engine) , and booth are the same.Engine run on 2 cyl. but i don't want to make bigger damage ...
I have some experience , but nothing special
I'll start to disassemble and put some pictures here ...

to Barnacle Bill ...
I saw that manual here on iboats but i am from Croatia and postage is little bit to expensive (twice than manual) so i prefer some pdf download and print at my home, of course not for free ...
i get one manual 60hp 3 cyl 2 stroke in pdf but it is for models from 1990 till 2000 year so i dont know is it good

insomnio

Cadet
Hello again ...
After i disassemble engine i found damaged cylinder and piston ...
I send a engine block to one company in Croatia and they will change cylinder sleeve , i will order a new piston with rings ...
I would like to inspect a connecting rod but i don't have measurements for Small end inner diameter and Big end inner diameter so if somebody can write it here will be nice
What should i control now when engine is in parts to make a good job for future
Thanks