Mercury Mariner 2 stroke 1989 100/115hp Model 11004129D

Joce

Recruit
Hi, I have a 1989 Mercury Mariner Outboard 100/115hp model 11004129D on a Vanguard Phantom. Last time I took it out it ran fine. Then started beeping. Fast beep, about 3-4 beeps per second-continuous non stop or break. Stopped, turned engine off, and checked the oil tank under the cowling and was low. Added some. Started up again and still beeping. I turn ignition on and hear the usual start up beeps. After the normal beeps it continues to have the fast beep alarm before even turning the engine over. The unit came with no manual. I was just coming in to the ramp, thank goodness. End of the trip. Can anyone help me out? Take it in for service? It's a 6 week wait list.

I've been searching other posts regarding alarms. The cap, the sensor, over heating, etc. But I thought I would ask specifically to my model and year. After getting home I put the key to on to hear the system startup beeps and afterwards the fast beeps still there (thinking it may just have overheated but beeps still there 2 hours later out of the water and no didn't turn engine over).

Any ideas? Thanks everyone!!!