Mercury controls & steering help!!!!!

charlie128

Recruit
Hey guys I'm in need of some help on steering and controls. I've got a 16' lowe with a 1987-89 mercury 25/Sea Pro 25 it's a tiller steer and I'm wanting to switch it over to center console with steering and controls for easier operation on my grandpa. Can someone lead me to a kit or any input would be awesome!

Star

Chief Petty Officer
A conversion like this is expensive!! Motor frame parts, linkages, cables and control, if you can find one. It probably costs over $600 if you do the conversion yourself. You also need a choke solenoid and links to carb enricher. Steering is a Telex Safe T for $160. $40 for motor connection link. If you don't have a console that could be $200 or more. I am not trying to discourage at all. It will be very rewarding when you are done. I built my own because it was so expensive, and I retained all of the original functions of tiller start and stop so I can run from front or rear at any time. I have a small 15 hp mercury on a 14' StarCraft.

Star

Chief Petty Officer
A conversion like this is expensive!! Motor frame parts, linkages, cables and control, if you can find one. It probably costs over $600 if you do the conversion yourself. You also need a choke solenoid and links to carb enricher. Steering is a Telex Safe T for $160. $40 for motor connection link. If you don't have a console that could be $200 or more. I am not trying to discourage at all. It will be very rewarding when you are done. I built my own because it was so expensive, and I retained all of the original functions of tiller start and stop so I can run from front or rear at any time. I have a small 15 hp mercury on a 14' StarCraft.