Aftermarket engine control options?

jimmydean_71

Seaman
While I am loving my boat, I would like to update it if possible. My engine is a Black Max 200 (1987ish) and while the controls work, there is a lot of slop in it and it looks very dated. The Teleflex CH1700 looks a lot nicer than mine, but it seems like it's about the only option. I was looking at some new boats at the shop and the controls on the Nautique were bad ass. Billet aluminum, smooth movement, very nice.

Does anyone make a billet control for Mercury outboards? Or anything nicer than the square, clunky plastic one? Thanks.

jimmydean_71

Seaman
Something like this:
emc700x250.jpg

Star

Chief Petty Officer
Show us a pic of your current control if it isn't too bad I might want to buy it. Anything can be made new again without the slop.

jimmydean_71

Seaman
Mine is just a standard Mercury Quicksilver, I think it's original with the motor ('87). My issue isn't just the slop, but it just feel cheap compared to the quality controls in the spendy ski boats. I am redoing the entire dash, redoing the seats and floors, I just want to update the controls and wanted to know what options are out there.

Uflex makes a nice looking one.

B310.jpg