1975 Merc 45, ( 4.5 hp) carb fulcrum pinl and fuel pump check valves removal

rocknroj

Cadet
Thanks for looking and your insightful answers.. I have this 1975 4.5 hp mercury.. Carb is stamped Merc carb 1399.. Parts are on order including needle valve and seat, and full fuel pump rebuild... Only have a clymer guide so not sure how to remove the fulcrum pin so I can get the needle valve out or how the check valves come out.. I messed up the fulcrum pin on another boat by trying to drive it out the wrong way..

Using the photo as a reference, the fulcrum pin sticks out long on one side (right side on photo).. So do I tap on the long side driving the fulcrum right to left or take a small punch and drive left to right...

My second question is check valve removal... Do they pry out or something.. Looks like some sort of metal clip on that thing... Cannot see anything wrong but since I was replacing parts figured do it all..

Would the selco manual give me more info?? Clymers doesn't cover a lot of these details and when I try to figure things out I can really mess things up in a costly way..