Should I remove my jack plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaylor

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a procraft 1750 (bass/skiboat) with a 1987 mariner 150, 6 inch jackplate. Here's my issues, have to tuck the engine all the way down otherwise it will porpoise until at least 40 MPH, would not be possible to run without my dolphin. Extremely difficult to hang on to the steering wheel, so much resistance. I have tried raising and lowering the jack plate with no change. Any ideas, or should I just remove? I can't tell if there are four bolts that hold the engine to the boat or just two on top, seems like it would be difficult access to the bottom ones.Thanks so much

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I think you are on your 3rd thread on this problem. You confuse us by continuously changing your inputs. Get a topic and STICK TO IT!!!!!

You may have finally realized your problem. First question is how is it that you have a JP in the first place? Answer that and we will move on.....I think.

Dukedog

Captain
Mark, think tha factory Astro/Procraft/ Merc deal back then were rigged that way by Brunswick.............I know tha F18/F20 were.

Last edited:

Dukedog

Captain
See his other post. Tha one that's two pages. Most everything has been addressed.... Know he's got multi post but I can understand with this NEW format. Its not what its supposed ta be "YET".......I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.