Looking for part for my WMC 1992 Mercury 9.9 carburetor

DVTO2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think I have identified my WMC carburetor for my 1992 Mercury 9.9 serial number OD127450, but am not sure. Here is a picture link:

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/dvto2/media/carb99pic_zpsf2aba5de.jpg.html?filters[user]=140798416&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

and here is a part diagram from my Seloc Manual:

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/dvto2/media/carb99_zpsa191165a.jpg.html?filters[user]=140798416&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

I think the part number 58, the "fuel pump body", is missing the top, which appears to be broken off, and which would hold an idle adjustment screw, part 66.

On the other hand, I don't see where this screw would hit anything, so maybe I am looking at the wrong diagram. The only other diagram I can find has a screw on the outer cover, which this clearly does not have. Since my motor starts and runs full throttle, but will not idle, I was hoping a missing idle screw was the culprit.

Is this the diagram for my carburetor and have I identified the right parts diagram. The other issue is that I can't seem to find part 58 online.

DVTO2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
MH, so is the eBay carb what I have? I see the broken top of my fuel pump body where the screw hole tab might have been but I don't see what an idle timing adjustment screw would do as I have an idle speed screw on the throttle shaft.

Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
The e bay carb has several pictures and it looks like it has the idle adjustment and the cam, but i am not sure exactly what you have. You should be able to resarch the carb numbers and see if the e bay one is a replacment, I think it is due to merc used the same carb across many years The e bay number is 9503T21 wmc 78a

I got into this year before last when i decided to change my motor from a 9.9 to a 15. A very limited number of motors from 1995 to 2000 are able to be changed. But i did see that their about 20 different carbs for a 9.9.

Perhaps some one who knows a lot more than me can see if the e bay carb numbers will cross over.

Last edited:

DVTO2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I can see the wmc on the top of the carb. Where do you find the other numbers? Can some of these carbs substitute for each other?

Last edited:

DVTO2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I figured out I just needed to play with the idle mixture screw. Runs good now. Thanks.