1958 mercury mark 10 impeller help

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have to replace the impeller on tbhe old merc. How do i this and if the power head must be removed how do i disconnect the throttle linkage? Thank you

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I think the water pump replacement on these is a bit tricky.-----Requires some special tools.----Water pump sits above that " slinky " gearshift set-up.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have to call a few places monday to find out if they will even touch this motor. I have tried several different things but no go to the shop it will go.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Good luck in finding a shop that will work on it.----Try posting on the -----aomci----website for further guidance.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok. Been a while. I found a you tube vid of the impeller change out. Now i need a few tools. The one i am after here is the one for the left hand threaded nut under the power head. Can someone give me a link to the correct tool please. Thanks

60sboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Johns old mercury site has info on that in the white papers section. I have a '60 15hp with the same "auto transmission" tiller set-up. Had a Mk 10 too but it was stolen in '69. Let us know how it goes with your repair.

Last edited: