Mercury 470 (1983) Stalling When Hot (Neutral to Forward).

capbat

Recruit
Hi All
I have a Regal Commodore 277XL 1983 with two mercury 470 engine with Alpha One.
The problem started last year (2013) when both engines where stalling when hot (after 30 to 45 mins out) and while iddling going from neutral to forward.
The problem was worst last year, when the left engine stalled I started it and the right engine stalled, when I started the right enging then the left engine stalled, and this repeatedly.
Since then the right fuel pump died on me and I replaced it. I changed the Distributor Cap and Points and condenser and timed it. This year the left fuel pumped died so I changed it also, I also changed the plugs on both engine. I have read most of the information here and on the internet without finding a solution to my problem.
After all of the recent changes I have tried it yesterday and the problem still exist, but it seems that the stalling of one engine starting up the other is gone. I am left with only the left engine stalling when hot and when in iddle going from neutral to forward, sometimes, less offten it also stalls in the same condition when going from forward to neutral. All the work above has been made by a qualified mechanics.
Any help in diagnosing this problem, I would also appreciate the ways I could use to test equipments before changing everything for nothing.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BAT