1995 Mercury 115 2+2 Power Loss

Whatever Bites

Recruit
Hey everyone, been dealing with a problem for a couple weeks now and just can't figure it out. Just learning on these old mercurys lately. I'm used to working on most of the newer yamahas and suzukis. I love this Merc I have on the back of my Xpress though! I was running at about 3800 Rpms one day about two weeks ago when I noticed I just loss power and speed all of the sudden. Killed it, restarted and tried to get back on plain and it was just struggling to get back up on top. Seems like I lost my torque to get up. Top end a little slower but not too bad. Nothing I've ever seen before on this motor. Before, I would pin it and jump out of a shallow pond with no problem and throw people on their seats and now it takes a couple hundred years to get on top it seems. I've changed the plugs, put a new filter on the fuel water separator, ran some seafoam through it, changed all fuel line and drained the gas that was in it before. Tried to check my spark wires for spark but couldn't figure out that whole 2+2 system to figure out at what points they're all suppose to be firing. I've also noticed it has been sputtering when idling and missing when running lately as well when I've never had it do that before. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just want to get this old monster back up and roaring like she used to!!! Thanks in advance!