'86 mercury 50hp control box wiring issue.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here's the deal. I had this motor gave to me. The guy replaced the head gasket and who knows what else. Here are some pics off my problem. He, somebody cut the wiring to pieces and parts are missing. I'd just as soon buy a whole new riggin if I could find one. Looked Everywhere I could think of/find. I've found boxes but I want to be sure it will work. Anyway here's what I have. A912571 serial for 50 merc.jpgback of 50hp control box.jpgend of cable for 50hp.jpg

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '86 mercury 50hp control box wiring issue.

Are these controllers Specific to the motor? 105 views and no suggestions. Did I say something wrong??:confused:

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm sorry. The one on the right is for the 50hp. the one on the left if off a 30hp mercury. And yes sir you are correct on the serial and model #'s.

Attachments

• back of both 30 &  50hp.jpg
    back of both 30 & 50hp.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
  • both controls 30 & 50.jpg
    both controls 30 & 50.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Duke, most of the merc controllers wire more or the same depending on what series and year, the merc control is the older series and uses the big pig tail plug in at the motor, the quick silver i am not familiar with.

What dose the plug in on the motor look like thats what determiners what controller you need. Post a picture of that.

edit I ran across this it may help.I believe it may be a different motor but the controller is a standard hook up.

image.jpg

Last edited: